Liveplasma (not the stuff from Ghostbusters II)
Friday, July 13, 2007
LivePlasma was kinda weird. Like, I know Radiohead is popular, but do they really have all that much to do with The White Stripes? The Pink Floyd search was pretty cool, but sadly, The Monkees didn't connect to anyone but Dolenz/Jones/Boyce/Hart. Oh, well. But it's a really interesting visual idea.
I like last.fm a lot, but I don't use it anymore. It was cool to track how much I listened to this band or that band, but I found I started listening to some stuff just so it would show up there and not listening to other stuff I wasn't really all that proud of. So I like Toto IV. You wanna fight?
Anyway, liveplasma. I like Guided by Voices. Liveplasma says I'd like My Morning Jacket (cool) and New Pornographers (ehh). I guess that's true. Based on general listening trends, that makes sense, regardless of whether the bands are actually anything alike. I guess it's more of a "you'd like this band, too" than "these guys sound alike." Who likes bands that sound alike anyway? Oh, Cassie, that's right.
Searching Alice Cooper was cool, too. Put me close to liking AC/DC and Yes. That is cool. Although it also linked me close to Kiss, Van Halen, and Guns and Roses. Apparently Liveplasma likes Raise Your Fist and Yell. What about Special Forces / DaDa era? What now, Liveplasma?!!?
posted by Averted @ 1:01 PM,