*mutters something only librarians can understand*
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
"Hello?"
"Hello."
"Hi, I'd like something, and I need it this big."
"Okay, here you go."
"Well, no actually, that's smaller than I requested. I need it bigger."
"Oh, sorry about that. Here you go."
"Uh, actually, this is the exact same thing you just handed me and I rejected as being too small."
"Oh, you know, my bad. Here's what you need."
"Okay. This is also the exact same size you just gave to me twice, except it's in worse condition than the other two."
"You know, this is all my fault. You need what now?"
"Something. Exactly this big."
"Gotcha. Sorry. Okay, try this."
"All right, see, now, this is actually smaller than anything you've given me so far."
And no response.
Welcome to life as a video editor.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, do you know why I love this library? I love this library because everyone who works here uses strong profanity liberally throughout the day, even in conversation, but they only do so under their breath. It's like speaking in code. Love it.
posted by Averted @ 2:17 PM,