The lighter side of web 2.0
Friday, June 29, 2007

Blufr was fun, I had a pretty good track record with that one. Trainco would be cool, as I am on a weight loss kick, but after surfing through it a bit and taking the tour it seems it might be a little too personal to undertake at the moment. The beer and wine sites were cool, though I don't really consume enough of each to use them. And I know if I go to the Puzzle Player, I won't get any work done for the rest of the day.

I can see a lot of sites nowadays opening up to including elements of web 2.0. Take, for example, The Onion's AV Club (avclub.com). Now you can comment on any of their articles, reviews, or editorials, opening up the site to the opinions of everybody, and a lot of discussions end up going down. It's not completely 2.0 (it's not as social as, say, Facebook, obviously, and there's a degree of impersonality to it), but it's just that one simple little element of adding comments that opens up a regular site and turns it into something people visit regularly and can instantly give opinions without going to some separate forum or chat room. If only a site like pitchforkmedia.com would do the same! Sounds like a small thing, but it's a mini web revolution.

posted by Averted @ 12:53 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home